Part Time IT Service Desk Technician
Position Title:Part Time IT Service Desk Technician Position Number:10043071 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Oconee Job Close Date:08/27/2019 Salary Minimum:$12.77 / hour General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time IT Service Desk Technician. The IT Service Desk is a service provided by student and staff workers to assist students, faculty, and staff with computer related issues via phone, e-mail, or walk-in assistance. Often, personnel will be asked to participate in projects with Information Technology staff. In this position, you will have plenty of opportunity to learn and grow.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The IT Service Desk Technician will:
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with computer related issues via phone, e-mail, or walk-in assistance.
- Preform computer hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting, and wireless support.
- Maintain student-use computers, printers, mobile devices and other technology on campus.
- Respond promptly to service requests in an online ticketing system and via email.
- Work within established ITSM standards and procedures.
- Work with Information Technology staff on projects.
- Must be punctual
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent public service and interpersonal skills: Helpful, courteous, and willing to go the extra mile to resolve a customer’s problem.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of job.
- Highly motivated, good work ethic, willingness to learn and improve skills.
- Able to work in a team environment and on long-term projects.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- High school diploma required.
- One year of experience working in an IT/Service environment required; or, an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- A+, Network+ (Preferred but not required)
- Must have general computer knowledge and troubleshooting experience (Windows, Microsoft Office, OS X)
- iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile experience
- Computer hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting, and wireless experience is a plus.