Marketing Manager, Mike Cottrell College of Business
Position Title:Marketing Manager, Mike Cottrell College of Business Position Number:10043468 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:10/07/2019 Salary Minimum:$58,887 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Marking Manager for the Mike Cottrell College of Business. The Integrated Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan for the Mike Cottrell College of Business (MCCB) including graduate programs,, the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, the BB&T Center for Ethical Business Leadership, and the Center for Cyber Operations Education. This position interacts with faculty, staff, students, and external stakeholders, including Advisory Boards, business community leaders, and alumni.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Marketing Manager will:
- Manage the development of a comprehensive and integrated marketing plan for the College, including developing shortand long term marketing strategies that align with the University Relations’ marketing plan.
- Manage the development and distribution of innovative and effective communications materials and manages external consultants and/or contractors in the development of marketing materials and communications. Serve as liaison for media contacts and development of press releases in close collaboration with University Relations.
- Manage the social media for the MCCB, including development of a strategy for social media, development of updates for the MCCB websites, and management of external communications, including social media channels, to ensure a consistent College message.
- Coordinate and assists with speaker engagements, conferences, and other externally-focused events. Evaluate and report the success of the events and programs.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with faculty, students, peers, alumni and business and community leaders. Work closely with University Relations and other UNG departments to maintain efficient and effective working relations and processes.
- Must have knowledge of contemporary integrated marketing strategies
- Knowledge of social media strategies, including metrics
- Skill at designing and implementing a marketing campaign
- Skill at working with vendors to produce high quality marketing materials
- Skill at project management
- Skill at event planning
- Ability to work as part of a team with a diverse group of stakehorlders
- Ability to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing program
- Ability to think strategically
- Bachelor's degree
- At least five (5) years’ marketing experience in a similar role.