Library Student Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Library Student Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Oconee Job Close Date:08/22/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Library Student Assistant. The UNG Oconee Campus Library is seeking focused, dedicated students who are eligible for employment during the 2019-20 school year. These individuals must be flexible, dependable, and able to work a set schedule. Library Student Assistants are responsible for providing customer service assistance to UNG Libraries patrons and clerical and project support to Libraries faculty and staff. This position may require evening and/or weekend hours.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Greet Library patrons.
- Assist Librarians with special projects.
- Answer basic informational, directional, and Library policy questions; help patrons locate materials in the stacks.
- Check out and check in books, reserves, and other Library materials.
- Provide basic scanner and fax assistance.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures.
- Gather, sort, shelve, and move Library materials.
- Shelf-read the book stacks and other collections to identify items needing repair; update aisle markers as needed and replace bookends.
- Search the stacks for books reported as missing or billed for replacement.
- Assist with processing Interlibrary Loan and Call Slip requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Librarians and Library Staff
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills as well as effective listening skills
- Must work well in a team environment, but also be a self-starter
- Must possess excellent time-management skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to push/pull book trucks up to 100lbs max, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Previous library experience a plus.