Part Time Custodian
Position Title:Part Time Custodian Position Number:11905765 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Oconee Job Close Date:08/28/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Custodian on the Oconee campus. The Part Time Custodian will perform custodial maintenance to assigned building(s) or area(s) on campus.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Part Time Custodian will:
- Perform custodial maintenance duties to include sweeping, dusting, mopping and vacuuming carpets/floors.
- Clean restrooms
- Restock paper and soap supplies.
- Empty trash receptacles, bags and move trash for disposal.
- Change light bulbs as needed/directed.
- Ensure proper care in the use/maintenance of equipment and supplies; police grounds around assigned building/work site
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of safety and environmental practices.
- Ability to perform physical labor to include but not limited to lifting, pushing/pulling objects up to 50 pounds, climbing and working from ladders and performing manual labor tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment; Able to operate small hand tools; Balancing; Bending Over; Carrying; Climb up and down ladder; Climb up onto and down from equipment. Crawling; Crouching; Eye/hand coordination; Grasping; Hazards such as electrical, chemical, biological; Hearing; Inside/outside environmental factors; Kneeling; Constant, medium, constant lifting; Moving; Pulling; Pushing; Reaching; Reaching Overhead; Repetitive use of hands/arms; Repetitive use of legs; Sitting; Standing; Stooping; Talking; Twisting; Walking (include distance); operate vehicles; trucks; golf carts. Day to day job responsibilities require cell phone for frequent response to urgent UNG business at any time of the day or night.
- HS Diploma or GED Required
- Custodial experience a plus.