Posting DetailsPosting Information Vacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleProgram CoordinatorSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$35,000 - $41,000Position Number00007146Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8am-5pm (some nights and weekends)Full Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department240405 - TRIO ProgramsDepartmentTRIO ProgramsJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The TRIO Programs provide academic enrichment support to low-income, first-generation students. Collectively all programs serve students from middle school through college. The mission of the NC State programs is to provide equal access to quality education for participants who have academic potential to succeed in college and to encourage and motivate participants to enroll and graduate from college.Essential Job Duties
The focus of the Program Coordinator is to facilitate educational, cultural, and social development enrichment activities for middle and high school program participants. The position also entails providing participants with an educational environment conducive to obtaining a high school diploma and assisting with preparation to gain entry into a post-secondary institution.
The primary responsibilities of the Program Coordinator include:
- Provide program services insuring the personal, vocational and educational guidance for each program participant
- Provide academic assistance to specified students designated as a part of the rigorous curriculum
- Assist participants with the college application and financial aid process
- Plan cultural and educational activities for participants
- Visit all assigned schools
- Maintain accurate files on participants entering contact information, and
- Assess needs for each participant
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Counseling, Social Science or equivalent field required.
Experience in academic skill development, counseling and working with non-traditional students and culturally diverse groups.
Database software proficiency.
Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Publisher and PowerPoint, or similar software.
Proficient knowledge in utilizing social media technology as a professional tool.Departmental Required Skills
The Program Coordinator must have the ability to work independently, handle ambiguity, manage multiple projects, schedules and deadlines, as well as possess good interpersonal skills.
In addition, the candidate must be able to network with on campus constituents, targeted community members, and public school personnel.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Master’s Degree in Education, Counseling, Social Science or equivalent field.
Two years of experience in academic skill development, counseling and working with non-traditional students and culturally diverse groups.Required License or Certification
Travel is required for this position. Valid Driver’s License required at time of hire and must be maintained as a condition of employment.Special Instructions
In addition to your application, please attach a resume, cover letter, and contact information for professional references.Job Open Date08/14/2019Anticipated Closing Date08/27/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date10/01/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have (or will you have by date of hire) a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education, Counseling, Social Science or equivalent field?
- * Please briefly describe your experience in academic skill development, counseling, and working with non-traditional students and culturally diverse groups.
(Open Ended Question)
- * This position is required to drive a state vehicle in North Carolina. A valid North Carolina driver's license (NCDL) must be obtained within 60 days and maintained as a condition of employment. Do you have a valid NCDL or the ability to obtain one prior to start date?
- Yes, I have a valid NCDL and will maintain it as a condition of employment.
- No, however I do have a valid DL from another state and will obtain a NCDL within 60 days of hire and maintain it as a condition of employment.
- No, I do not have a valid DL from any state, but I will obtain a NCDL within 60 days of hire and maintain it as a condition of employment.
- No, I do not have a valid DL from another state and cannot or will not obtain a NCDL within 60 days of hire.
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References