Extension Master Gardener Program Assistant
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleExtension Master Gardener Program AssistantSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$15-$18/hrPosition Number11ASO1384Work ScheduleFlexible, 15-20 hours per weekFull Time Equivalent (FTE)Department111501 - Horticultural ScienceDepartment Horticultural ScienceJob City & StateRaleigh, NCEssential Job Duties
This position will provide administrative support and assistance with all aspects of coordinating the NC State Extension Master Gardener program, which includes over 3200 volunteers based in 84 NC Cooperative Extension centers.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting with:
- Enhancing communications between the state program and volunteers through listservs, an online newsletter, social media, Extension portals, and other avenues
- Management of the EMGV portal and maintenance of social media presence to market the program
- Providing technical assistance and management of the NCEMG intranet
- Administration of EMG program policies and operating procedures, brand and logos
- Planning and coordinating training opportunities for agents and volunteers, including statewide conferences, regional workshops and online learning opportunities
- Administering statewide volunteer recognition, including Search for Excellence and the milestone award program
- Development of volunteer recruitment materials
- Growing the NCEMG Endowment
- Compiling evaluation data and reporting program accomplishments
-This position will receive direct supervision from the Extension Master Gardener Program Statewide Coordinator
-Occasional travel may be required
-Associate’s Degree with equivalent work experienceDepartmental Required Skills
-Excellent organizational and time management skills
-Strong people and customer service skills
-Ability to effectively work with volunteers and teams
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Strong work ethic and integrity
-Self-motivated, cooperative and flexible
-Proficient in computer technology, including Microsoft Office, Google Apps, social media, and online conferencing and learning technology
-Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience
-Experience as an Extension Master Gardener volunteer or Extension Master Gardener program coordinator strongly preferred
-Experience working with persons of diverse backgrounds and the recruitment, training, and engagement of volunteers
-Experience working as a volunteer
-Valid Driver’s LicenseSpecial Instructions
- One page cover letter explaining why the candidate is interested in the job and why they would excel in the position
- Contact information for 3 references
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.08/20/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date09/03/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an Associates Degree or higher?
- * Do you have superior organizational and time management skills?
- * Do you possess strong people and customer service skills?
- * Do you have the ability to effectively work with volunteers and teams?
- * Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
- * Do you possess a strong work ethic and integrity?
- * Are you self-motivated, cooperative and flexible?
- * Are you proficient in computer technology, including Microsoft Office, Google Apps, social media, and online conferencing and learning technology?
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license?
- Do you have experience as an Extension Master Gardener volunteer or Extension Master Gardener program coordinator?
- Do you have experience working with persons of diverse backgrounds and the recruitment, training, and engagement of volunteers?
- Do you have experience working as a volunteer?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References