Assistant Director of Marketing, Jenkins MBA Programs
Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitlePublic Communication SpecialistBand LevelJourneyWorking TitleAssistant Director of Marketing, Jenkins MBA ProgramsSalary Range$31,200 - $83,965Anticipated Hiring Range$49,486 - $60,000Salary Grade Equivalency69Position Number00107729Work ScheduleMonday- Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, some evenings and weekendsDoes the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1Department200201 - MBA ProgramDepartmentMBA ProgramJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The Poole College of Management at NC State University is seeking an Assistant Director of Marketing to support the specific needs of the Jenkins MBA Program.
The Poole College of Management offers undergraduate degrees in accounting, business administration, and economics. Within the Jenkins Graduate Management Programs, the college offers the Master of Business Administration, the Master of Accounting and the Master of Management, as well as masters and Ph.D. degrees in economics.
For more information, please visit: https://poole.ncsu.edu/Essential Job Duties
The Assistant Director of Marketing is charged with leading the execution of the go-to-market strategy for the college’s portfolio of MBA programs in line with the enrollment management goals for the Jenkins Graduate Management Programs and the overall brand positioning of the Poole College of Management. A primary focus of this position will be to lead marketing (throughout the prospective student life-cycle from prospect to the applicant) and digital media initiatives for the Jenkins MBA Programs. NC State offers the Jenkins MBA full-time, part-time (evening) and online, and currently enrolls about 650 students.
The Assistant Director of Marketing will report to the Director of Marketing, Jenkins Graduate Management Programs within the Marketing and Communications unit of the Poole College of Management. In the absence of the Director, this individual will be prepared to support the daily marketing needs of all Jenkins Graduate Management Programs. The Assistant Director of Marketing position is a key part of supporting the college’s strategic goals –– notably the strengthening and growth of graduate management programs.
Primary job duties include:
- Collaborate closely with the Jenkins MBA Program team, including recruiting, admissions, academic advising, student experience (including online).
- Manage MBA website: supervise content modifications, information architecture and design updates and reporting/analytics.
- Produce and curate content for MBA to be utilized across multiple platforms (earned, owned and paid media).
- Manage relationships with digital media vendor(s) to translate media strategy into an efficient plan.
- Provide reporting, analytics, and recommendations for optimization on marketing and media initiatives.
- Develop, manage, execute and optimize the social media strategy for the MBA social media platforms.
- Build channel strategies and distribute content in line with the university’s brand platform and in support of the college’s strategic objectives.
- Manage workflows, systems, and processes for the MBA applicant journey in our inbound marketing, CRM and admissions platforms.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption, where appropriate.
Supervise and manage assignments of interns and graduate assistants, as needed.Minimum Experience/Education
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Departmental Required Skills
Strong communications skills, including headline and caption writing.
Ability to meet tight deadlines and respond appropriately to time-sensitive issues.
Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload.
Interpersonal, networking, and organizational skills. Must be able to establish and maintain relationships with external and internal audiences.
Independently motivated and able to take initiative and contribute in a team environment.
Experience in managing marketing campaigns and analyzing data to make future recommendations.
Experience developing and executing paid and organic social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and other emerging channels.
Experience in managing and optimizing lead generation digital advertising campaigns, including landing page design and optimization.
Comfort with Adobe Creative Suite tools such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics).
Experience in CRM databases, specifically Hubspot, or similar software.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Degree from a four-year college or university plus 5-7 years of professional experience in marketing, advertising, admissions, communications or a related field.
Strong digital marketing, project management, and organizational skills.
Experience in higher education admissions, marketing or communications at another university.
Experience with higher education content and/or subject matter a plus and/or B2C experience.Required License or Certification
Valid drivers license required.Special Instructions
Please make sure the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.Job Open Date08/14/2019Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)08/21/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date08/26/2019Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Public Communication Specialist position.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in a related field
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in an unrelated field and four years of related experience
- Associate's in a related and two years of related experience
- Combination of post-high school education and/or experience in a related field to equal at least 4 years (ex. 1 year towards a related degree and 3 years of related experience)
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal 8 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 7 years of related experience)
- None of the above
- * Do you have experience working in higher education?
- * Describe how you handle tight deadlines?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with interpersonal communication, team building, problem solving and networking skills?
- * Please describe your experience utilizing various social media platforms. (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, YouTube, etc.) to reach intended audiences.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please briefly describe your experience and level of proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please briefly describe your experience in developing and creating marketing and promotional materials.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References