Vice Dean for Professional Formation (VDPF)
Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleVice Dean for Professional Formation (VDPF)Position TitleVice Dean for Professional Formation (VDPF)Position NumberJob CategoryUniversity FacultyJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusMaywood-Health Sciences CampusLocation CodeSSOM ADMINISTRATION (06110A)Department NameIs this split and/or fully grant funded? Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works with the Dean to develop and implement strategies for the oversight and management of student wellness initiatives.
2. Works with the Dean to develop and implement strategies for the oversight and management of faculty and staff engagement and resilience.
3. Researches, establishes, and oversees planning, implementation, and assessment of wellness and professionalism initiatives.
4. Provides strategic and visionary leadership for a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to personal wellness and professional formation.
5. Formulates policies and procedures regarding wellness and professionalism initiatives.
6. Manages and participates in continuous program evaluations and improvements including processes for feedback.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Dean in these arenas.
8. Serves as a collaborative contributor to Health Sciences schools in these areas.QualificationsPhysical DemandsWorking ConditionsMinimum Education and/or Work Experience
The Vice Dean for Professional Formation (VDPF) is a senior-level position reporting directly to the Dean of the Stritch School of Medicine (SSOM). The VDPF will work with the dean to coordinate and implement processes for the building, implementation, and maintenance of issues concerning professionalism, wellness and mission as a Catholic Jesuit medical school seeking to foster an integrated, educational approach that highlights professional conduct, personal resilience, and joy in the practice of medicine rooted in a sense of meaning and purpose shaped by our Jesuit, Catholic tradition. The position oversees the management, planning, administration, and evaluation of student, staff, and faculty wellness, resiliency, and professionalism initiatives at the service of professional and personal formation.
THE VDPF works closely with Vice Deans and staff in Education and Student Affairs. The VDPF has an essential partnership with LUMC particularly on issues pertaining to engagement, professional conduct, and patient experience for clinical faculty. The role’s content and expertise serves is meant to be shared and serve as a resource across the Health Sciences Campus.Open Date08/13/2019Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11936Job Number8550282Organizational LocationProvost Health Sciences DivisionPosting Details Posting Detail Number of Vacancies1Desired Start DatePosition End DateOpen Until FilledYesApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- Writing Sample
- Scholarly Publications
- Teaching Evaluations
- Other Document
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Multi Media
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).