Research Assistant 1- Ulijasz Lab
Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleRESEARCH ASST IPosition Number8150634Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusNon-ExemptCampusMaywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment NameMICROBIOLOGYLocation CodeMICROBIOLOGY (06220A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? YesDuties and Responsibilities
Ulijasz Lab- Supports research projects by performing straightforward lab assays and analysis. Carry out experiments as instructed by Principal Investigator (PI). Assists PI, research staff, and students with various lab procedures and projects.
- Can get along well with others, is personable and can train others (e.g. students).
- Carries out literature searches and analyses as instructed by Principle Investigator (PI) during assay development.
Generates reports on these analyses.
- Organizes, curates and updates data bases of the acquired information and the corresponding analyses.
- Maintains orderly records.
- Maintains a safe and orderly working environment.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the PI and lab manager, including ordering of lab supplies and reagents.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education Preferred: Bachelors Degree Experience Required: None Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experienceQualifications
Previous experience in one or more of these categories preferred: scientific experimentation in a biology field of study, microbiology techniques, molecular biology techniques (DNA/RNA/protein assays and/or purification), cell biology techniques, biochemical techniques assays, bioinformatics, computer science, structural biology, next generation sequencing and animal husbandry techniques.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses
Microsoft OfficeSupervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? Physical DemandsLifting, Carrying, StandingWorking ConditionsVentilation, OdorsOpen Date08/14/2019Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11954Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application