Community Resource Coordinator
Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleCOORDINATOR - EXEMPTPosition Number8102388Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusRogers Park-Lake Shore CampusDepartment NameSCHOOL OF EDUCATIONLocation CodeSCHOOL OF EDUCATION (02300A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? YesDuties and Responsibilities
Manage all aspects of the community schools program at Clinton Elementary School including
• Work closely with Loyola University and Clinton Elementary to develop the community school initiative and sustain organizational vision
• Build and sustain successful relationships with school, university, and community stakeholders
• Engage teachers, community organizations, and university partners in developing learning opportunities for students that reflect identified key metrics
• Generate and support learning opportunities that align with CSI goals and objectives
• Recruit students and parents to participate in activities; Assists in the development of appropriate recruitment and retention strategies
• Solicits and coordinates internal and external providers
• Coordinate activities and manage the operation and resource allocation at Clinton Elementary in collaboration with the oversight provided by the principal and CSI staff leadership
• Develop and facilitate a CSI advisory council that supports the development and assessment of the CSI at Clinton
• Engage teaches, community organizations, and university partners in developing engagement opportunities for parents and community members
• Coordinate ongoing assessment of the Clinton CSI programs
• Complete and submit all required administrative documentation and reporting requirements
• Participate in all meetings and professional development activities associated with the CPS Community Schools initiative as required
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of two years professional experience in education, youth development, social work, community organizing or related fieldQualifications
•Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
•Knowledge of children and youth program strategies that serve K-8 students
•Experience with urban public education and youth development practices
•Experience organizing individuals, groups, and organizations toward articulated goals
•Minimum of two years professional experience in education, youth development, social work, community organizing or related field
•Excellent organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills
•Experience with or knowledge of special education is a plus
Successful applicant will have at least basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft office suite or other, similar tools for word processing and spreadsheet creation.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? NoPhysical DemandsNoneWorking ConditionsNoneOpen Date08/14/2019Close Date08/28/2019Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11939Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of two years experience in education, youth development, social work, community organizing, or a related field?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application