ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ANNUAL GIVING
Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleAssociate Director, Annual GivingPosition Number8100607Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusChicago-Water Tower CampusDepartment NameANNUAL GIVINGLocation CodeANNUAL GIVING (03632A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? NoDuties and Responsibilities
The Associate Director, Annual Giving develops and implements the overall goals and strategies for the Damen Society (annual donations of $1000+) Leadership Annual Giving Program, the Parents Program, and the Faculty & Staff Program. The Associate Director is responsible for ensuring that these programs are robust with new, reacquired, and retained annual donors. The Associate Director maintains a portfolio of leadership level, parent, faculty and staff annual donors and executes cultivations, solicitations, and/or stewardship visits each fiscal year.
• Plans and implements the strategic communications and annual outreach strategy for the Damen Society Leadership Annual Giving Program, Parents Program, and Faculty & Staff Program
• Participates in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospective donors via phone, mail, and web
• Maintains and manages a portfolio of leadership annual giving level, parent, faculty, and staff prospects to qualify, cultivate, and solicit
• Continually stewards parent, faculty, staff, and leadership level annual donors while meeting or exceeding individual portfolio management goals. (Prospect portfolio will consist of mainly Chicago metro area prospects.)
• Oversees stewardship functions to ensure the accurate accounting of gifts, as well as the appropriate recognition for, and sustained relationships with all Damen Society, parent, faculty, and staff donors
• Works collaboratively with Advancement colleagues to plan and execute stewardship events, communications, and other outreach to Damen Society, parent, faculty, and staff donors and prospects
• Designs and implements solicitation strategies and identifies gift opportunities that match donors’ interests
• Responsible for writing correspondence to prospective donors, preparing and submitting contact reports on all meetings and interactions
• Leads and/or participates in creating, planning, and coordinating with staff, special events and meetings related directly to ongoing fundraising strategies for the Damen Society, Parents Program, and Faculty & Staff Program
• Prepares materials to report on each program’s annual giving activity for use in various venues for boards, alumni, volunteers, and other University administrators
• Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree required. A minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible professional experience required, with specific experience in annual giving for not-for-profit institutions, particularly in the education environment.Qualifications
• Demonstrated experience in Annual Giving and/or Donor Relations
• A self-starter who believes in the mission of Loyola University Chicago and is both results- and people-oriented
• Possesses attention to detail and a strong work ethic
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment
• Availability to attend evening and weekend events as required
• Discretion and an ability to interact with high-level donors
• Ability to remain flexible and maintain a professional and customer service oriented demeanor in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment while managing multiple priorities, deadlines, and complex work
• Strong public speaking and written communication skills as well as the ability to present before a group
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (especially extensive Excel proficiency), Internet, social media, and email applications.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? NoPhysical DemandsNoneWorking ConditionsIrregular HoursOpen Date08/15/2019Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11974Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree?
- * Do you possess a minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible professional experience, with specific experience in Annual Giving for not-for-profit institutions, particularly in the education environment?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- LUC Careers Public Posting
- LUC Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- Agency Referral
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application