Pharmacy Technician/OnCall/UKHC - Pediatric Pharmacy
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitlePharmacy Technician/OnCall/UKHC - Pediatric PharmacyRequisition NumberDU05812Department NameH3330:Pharmacy ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYSalary Range$13.58/hr - 21.06/hrType of PositionTemporaryPosition Time Status On CallRequired Education
High SchoolRequired Related Experience
1 yr general work experienceRequired License/Registration/Certification
National Pharmacy Technician Certification and Registration with Kentucky Board of PharmacyPhysical Requirements
May include standing for greater than 5 hours at a time. May require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and be able to lift up to 30 pounds.Shift
The successful candidate must be able to work 2:15p – 10:15p on the following dates –
Oct 12-13; Nov 9-10; Dec 7-8; Feb 8-9; Mar 7-8; Apr 18-19; May 2-3; May have opportunities to work additional shift as needed.
Assists pharmacists in providing medications to patients in Kentucky Children’s Hospital. Prepares and delivers individual patient doses. Prepares and delivers batch doses including compounded sterile products. Participates in replenishing automated dispensing cabinets; provides customer service in Pediatric Pharmacy Satellite.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Knowledge of inpatient drug distribution systems; ability to prioritize; strong customer service skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
hospital pharmacy experience preferred.Deadline to Apply09/15/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Please select the option that best represents your number of full years paid, full-time, employment experience in pharmacy. * If you have part-time work experience that you want to include, please refer to the following to determine your credit of full years of related employment experience:35+ hours worked per week = full credit for time worked28-34 hours worked per week = 75% credit for time worked18-27 hours worked per week = 50% credit for time worked9-17 hours worked per week = 25% credit for time worked< 9 hours worked per week = no credit given for time worked
- Some, but less than one full year of employment listed above.
- At least 1 full year but less than 2 years of employment listed above.
- At least 2 full years but less than 3 years of employment listed above.
- At least 3 full years but less than 4 years of employment listed above.
- At least 4 full years but less than 5 years of employment listed above.
- At least 5 full years but less than 6 years of employment listed above.
- At least 6 full years but less than 7 years of employment listed above.
- At least 7 full years but less than 8 years of employment listed above.
- At least 8 full years or more of employment listed above.
- * Are you currently a Certified Pharmacy Technician?
- * Are you currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician?
- Cover Letter