Clinical Services Technician/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleClinical Services Technician/UKHCRequisition NumberRE19693Working TitleCSTDepartment Name7H858:SURGERY/PLASTICWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.06/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
0 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4.Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program, 5. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), 6. Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), 7. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), 8. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), 9. A CST III at UK in the last 12 months: PLUS BLS at time of hire through American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare ProviderPhysical Requirements
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, may require some holidaysJob Summary
The department of Surgery/Plastic seeks a Clinical Services Technician.
The Clinical Services Technician (CST) will be responsible for direct patient care and provides clinical support to providers.
Duties include but not limited to the following: obtain patient medical history information, expedite patient flow, room patients, stocking clinic with supplies, navigate electronic health record system, schedule and follow-up with appointments and assist with medication fill requests, prior authorizations and schedule tests, procedures and consults.
The CST will communicate with pharmacies, insurance companies, patients and physicians in a respectful manner and follow UK Healthcare behavioral expectations for service excellence.Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply08/25/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4. Acquired clinical services technician (CST) competencies through continuous employment in a CST role at UKHC for 12 months, or 5. Graduate from a medical assistant program?
- * Do you have a current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA), or are you eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- * Please indicate the number of years of experience you have with medical terminology.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have a current CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) certification?
- * Please choose the response that best describes your paid employment experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Record) and/or EHR (Electronic Health Record).
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter