Associate Director of Student Program & Activities, and Marketing - Illini Union (120240)
Associate Director of Student Programs and Activities and Marketing
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Internal to Unit
The Illini Union at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking a talented student affairs professional to serve as Associate Director of Student Programs and Activities and Marketing. As the community center of the University, the Illini Union draws together all members of the University with approximately 16,000 visits of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests on a daily basis.
Reporting to the Director of the Illini Union, the Associate Director of Student Programs, Activities and Marketing will provide overall strategic vision and direction in multiple areas including Student Programs and Activities , the Illini Union Board, the Parent and Family Programs Office, and the Illini Union Marketing Department.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Position Functions and Major Responsibilities:
- Supervise Student Programs and Activities Department Staff, including Assistant Directors, Rec. Room Manager, Courtyard Programming Coordinator, and Program Advisors.
- Supervise the Parent and Family Programs Office, including program manager and program advisor.
- Supervise the Marketing Department, including director, media communications specialists, marketing coordinator, and assessment coordinator.
- Provides strategic vision and direction for development of educational co-curricular programs and activities for all students that support campus and division-level student development and learning outcomes.
- Direct the hiring, training and evaluation process of all Student Programs and Activities Department, Parent and Family Programs, and Marketing Department staff.
- Oversee the management of the Illini Union Programming, Parent and Family, and the Courtyard Café programming.
- Oversee the management of the Recreation Room.
- Provide staff and students with a full complement of training and leadership development and service learning opportunities, working collaboratively with academic departments and administrators.
- Responsible for organization-wide policies and procedures review and implementation.
- Review, edit, and approve all marketing materials produced through the Marketing Department.
- Direct the selection, training and evaluation process of the Illini Union Board.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Illini Union Board, and its respective governing bodies, such as the Executive Committee, Program Council, and the Policy Committee.
- Advise specific members of the Illini Union Board, including President and other officers.
- Liaison to the Boards of Directors of the Moms and Dads Associations.
- Serve as a member to various committees within the University and Student Affairs, Establish productive working connections with various departments, committees and events across campus to: enhance variety and relevance of programming, accommodate recruitment efforts on behalf of the Illini Union Board, the Moms and the Dads Associations, and identify opportunities to enhance current programs.
- Prepares annual summary of all activities, participation, awards, recognitions and recommendations for improvements for Student Programs and Activities, Parent and Family Programs, and Marketing Department.
- Create partnerships with academic units and departments that enhance the student experience and support the institutions educational mission.
- Perform other duties and additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Manages and approves execution of all entertainment and artistic contracts for all programs and events.
- Conduct frequent assessment of program effectiveness through statistical summaries of participant data and program attendance for all areas of supervision.
- Responsible for organization-wide compliance with campus branding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for the budget and financial analysis and review for the Student Programs and Activities Department, Parent and Family Programs, and the Marketing Department.
- Supervise the budget process and financial system of the Illini Union Board.
Qualifications: Master's degree in student personnel, education, and other related area is required, and five years' professional experience in student activities. Must have supervisory and advisory experience.
Must have an understanding of a student union operation, personnel issues and procedures, and an awareness of trends and issues within higher education and specifically students unions and activities. Must be familiar with human psychology and student development principles. Requires an understanding of and commitment towards issues regarding cultural diversity.
Appointment Status: This is a 12-month, full-time academic professional position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Application Deadline: August 21, 2019
Application Procedures: All candidates must complete an online application at http://jobs.illinois.edu prior to the application deadline for full consideration. Qualified candidates must upload a letter of application, resume, and contact information (name, address, telephone number, and email address) for three current professional references. Official transcripts will be required for all finalists. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For additional information regarding the application procedures, please contact:
Human Resources and Administrative Shared Services
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.College Name or Administrative Unit:Student Affairs Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Associate Director of Student Program & Activities, and Marketing - Illini Union (120240) Open Date:08/14/2019 Close Date:08/21/2019 Organization Name:Illini Union