Director, Campaign Planning - Office of Advancement
Director, Campaign Planning - Office of Advancement
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Director, Campaign Planning supports the development and execution of Georgetown's next $3 Billion campaign by driving and overseeing the campaign plan through project management of key campaign priorities. In collaboration with and through strong relationships with internal and campus stakeholders, as well as the strategic use of GU360 (our Salesforce based CRM), this position will ensure the coordination and success of the campaign plan and priorities. The Director will develop and clearly communicate campaign timelines, establish and monitor goals, and coordinate appropriate events related to the campaign. This position will monitor and report on progress of campaign priorities to Office of Advancement leadership and campus partners ensuring campaign planning remains on schedule and is progressing. The Director's ability to establish plans, programs, and methods to advance campaign priorities and ensure milestones are successfully delivered within agreed upon timeframes. Additionally, it will be critical for this individual to have exceptional relationship management skills in order to build greater alignment and foster communication among internal staff and campus partners to further our campaign priorities. While not a technical position, the individual in this role should have a data driven mind-set with the ability to enhance our work through the university's CRM - GU360.
The Director of Campaign Planning will have duties that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage, monitor and update the campaign plan on completion status of campaign tasks; drive and ensure progress against plan and that deadlines are being met and/or updated as needed.
- Manage the full scope of campaign related meetings - including the ‘Tuesday Project.' Ensure agendas are set and materials prepared appropriately.
- Convene and collaborate with colleagues across the Office of Advancement, including Communications, Strategic Initiatives, Development, Donor Relations and Data and Analytics, to address roadblocks in campaign planning.
- Assist the Senior Associate Vice President, Campaign and Advancement Operations in managing bi-weekly campaign planning meetings with key Advancement partners.
- Provide strategic leadership and executive staffing for planning exercises and initiatives that will inform the financial, and programmatic goals and objectives of the campaign.
- Assist deans and their staff in creation of unit-specific campaign planning timelines. Ensure consistency with materials creation and progress reporting.
- Collaborate with portfolio owners and prospect management to create pipelines / pyramids for initiatives within the campaign (e.g. a pipeline for the Medical Center's initiatives).
- Monitor progress towards goal via regular meetings with portfolio owners and prospect management, reporting out to principals (VP of Advancement, Development Officers, deans, faculty, etc.).
- Assist in the creation of campaign volunteer groups, support the Vice President of Advancement in staffing the groups as they develop over the course of the campaign.
- In partnership with the Data & Analytics Group arrange, collect, and analyze data around campaign activities.
- Become conversant on all data platforms associated with reporting and build upon existing dashboard reviews and presentations.
- Oversee gift crediting policies, in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President, Advancement Services.
- Assume other campaign management duties as needed and as campaign planning and execution develops.
- Manage and evaluate direct report(s) including setting performance expectations, coaching, and providing feedback to staff on an ongoing basis.
- Support and encourage professional development activities of direct report(s).
- Maintain accurate and up to date data in Advancement's CRM - GU360; submit and track requisitions, purchase orders, and other University paperwork as needed.
- Manage a travel and program budget.
- Conduct onboarding and orient relevant new staff to the Office of Advancement's campaign planning and management processes, meetings, dashboards and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience that includes campaign planning and execution, preferably in a higher education setting
- A minimum of 2 years management and supervisory experience including the ability to motivate, set objectives, and manage performance of a multi-disciplinary team
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, with excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Project management experience and a track record of meeting deadlines and high quality delivery
- The ability to work with a diverse range of constituents, including donors, board members and volunteers as well as alumni, parents, friends, faculty, administrators and internal colleagues
- A high energy level and flexible nature
- Previous leadership experience, including staff supervision is preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/2115-Wisconsin-Avenue/Director--Campaign-Planning---Office-of-Advancement_JR07368
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency