Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources Administrator
Job Number: 84146
The Department of Medicine at Stanford University's School of Medicine is seeking a Human Resources Administrator 1 to provide human resources administrative support under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Generalist. The Department of Medicine Human Resources (HR) team oversees day to day HR services for over 1,400 employees in 15 divisions. We are the first line of contact for employees, supervisors, and leadership within our department. The HRA will act as the first point of contact for all human resources inquiries and serve as a resource to staff and faculty on human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring managers, human resources staff, and/or supervisors.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process of staff, as needed.
- Support the process (transactions and documentation) for academic and staff appointments/reappointments, as needed.
- Coordinate and/or perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensure data integrity, and serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues. Perform time and leave administration duties, and input data to financial system, as needed.
- Explain applicable disability and leave procedures, and generate related correspondence; update and maintain reports to track leaves and HRIS records, as appropriate.
- Maintain personnel and human resources related files.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Stanford University HR policies and procedures, and prior experience working within an academic and/or clinical setting desired.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Prior experience working in Human Resources and/or Payroll with heavy data entry.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Associate degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems. Experience using email and internet.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
PHR certification is a plus.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, and use a telephone.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Travel on campus to schools/units, out of town.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4701
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 84146
Location: School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency