Seasonal Admissions Officer, NYU School of Professional Studies
Seasonal Admissions Officer
NYU School of Professional Studies
We are seeking an Admissions Officer to promote academic programs; analyze and evaluate applications for the 2020 admissions cycle. The position would start immediately and may last up to six months. The work schedule is Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Office is located at 7 E. 12 St., 9th floor, Suite 921, New York, NY.
- Use established admissions criteria and department requirements to assess applicant's overall candidacy
- Audit, read and evaluate graduate applications
- Evaluate resume, statement of purpose and letters of recommendation to assess applicant's motivation, initiative and leadership potential
- Evaluate transcripts for academic eligibility
- Use professional judgement when reviewing applications for admission
- Work closely with and coordinate workload with full-time Admissions Officers
- Consult with leadership team when reviewing complex applications and special consideration application
- Respond to email inquiries on a daily basis.
- Meet with prospective students throughout the day.
- Promote NYUSPS and our programs at off campus graduate and undergraduate recruitment events. Local and tri-state travel may be necessary.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to analyze and evaluate large amounts of information
- Strong computer/Microsoft Excel/internet proficiency skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Previous experience working in admissions highly preferred
No benefits package provided
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to Cynthia Perez, Director of Admissions at [email protected] using subject line SEASONAL ADMISSIONS OFFICER.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply for Seasonal Admissions Officer, NYU School of Professional Studies
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly