HVAC Lead Controls Technician
To perform complex tasks in the installation, repair, adjustment and modification of electrical controls and electronic and pneumatic instrumentation for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems, boiler systems and energy management systems in a large physical plant and in individual buildings.
- Conducts complex building automation system analysis and design studies and prepares concept and design specifications and management reports
- Studies, evaluates and recommends building automation architectures, protocols, standards hardware, software and devices
- Installs, upgrades and programs building automation software
- Attends on-going training for the various software programs used for the University
- Provide on-call support for the HVAC shop as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications as it relates to mechanical systems.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with management, supervisors, co-workers, other staff and faculty within the DU community.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to work in a team-based environment as well as on an independent basis.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Detailed procedures.
- Daily priorities are established by the worker.
- Employee responds to situations requiring immediate attention.
- Must be able to prioritize issues on building automation systems and discern when additional resources need to be consulted.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be very competent in working knowledge of building automation systems which include working with a computer and monitoring these systems via computer.
- Must be able to troubleshoot these systems when problems arise and be able to change set points and design parameters within the computer programs.
- Knowledge of building automation systems software Knowledge working with Microsoft Office Programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 3 years of experience in building automation systems.
Please note, this position will require you to have a valid Colorado Driver's License and be insurable under University guidelines and have the ability to pass a pre-placement physical.
- Associates Degree with a technology emphasis in HVAC
- Familiarity with specific software such as Johnson Controls, (Metasys), Trane (Tracer Summit), and Long (Niagra ) preferred
- Familiar working with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
The employee works under typical office and field conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high levels of noise, vibration, dust, uneven or slippery surfaces, extreme heat or cold and risk of electrical shock.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, in person and by telephone, use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is frequently required to walk and stand and occasionally lift 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, the ability to discern color and use of both eyes. Employee may be required to climb and balance and be able to access any mechanical room on campus.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 30, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. Resume and application
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.