Director, Center for Midstream #443390
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number20111843Position TitleDirector, Center for Midstream #443390FTE1.00Position TypeStaffDepartmentCollege of Engineering Dept Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Lamar University, a public, Carnegie Doctoral Research University, is seeking a Director to lead the Center for Midstream Management and Science.
Midstream Center Director Job Duties:
1.Overall leadership of the center for midstream management and science at Lamar University.
2.Develop center vision/mission.
3.Lead stakeholder engagement and networking.
4.Develop strong partnerships with the midstream industry.
5.Work collaboratively with Lamar University faculty, staff and administration.
6.Budget management and stewardship.
7.Identify and lead the development of targeted education, training and workforce development.
8.Identify and lead the development of targeted workshops and symposia.
9.Prioritize and administer a successful midstream industry research agenda.
10.Successfully represent and market the goals and accomplishments of the center.
11.Others to maximize the success of the midstream center, its value to the midstream sector and value to the State of Texas.
A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or other appropriate field is required and a master’s degree in engineering, business, or other appropriate field is greatly preferred.
The successful candidate will have at least 20 years of leadership experience at the highest levels in the midstream sector or related disciplines with the capacity to effectively and efficiently lead/grow this new Center. Candidates will have demonstrated leadership and strong networking in the midstream industry.
Candidates must have a demonstrated potential to seek and support a strong sponsored program of externally funded research (particularly from corporate resources, federal agencies and foundations), outstanding leadership skills, excellent communication skills, ability to lead/work effectively in teams, an intimate knowledge of the industry, and ability to work with industry and government. The Center is focused on serving the midstream sector.
Lamar University (LU), a member of the Texas State University System, has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade, with an enrollment of 15,000. LU has been recognized nationally for its general education core curriculum, leadership in online education, and selection as a member of the Honor Roll of the Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For”. Lamar University recently received significant funding for the Center for Midstream Management and Science effective September 1, 2019.
LU is located in Beaumont, in the southeastern region of Texas on the Texas Gulf Coast, and is a major contributor to the nation’s oil and gas, transportation, refining and supply. LU is home for four research centers, including the Center for Advances in Water and Air Quality (CAWAQ), the Center for Advances in Port Management (CAPM), Texas Air Research Center (TARC), and the Texas Hazardous Waste Research Center (THWRC).
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred QualificationsSecurity Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Application Information Posting Date08/14/2019Close Date10/15/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions
Applications are encouraged for immediate review with the interview process beginning in late October 2019. The initial deadline for applications is October 15, 2019 but will remain open until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, statements describing your leadership experience, Center goals, qualifications for this position, and three letters of reference online at: https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
For additional information about Lamar University please visit: https://www.lamar.edu/.
If you have questions, please contact:
Brian Craig, PhD, PE, CPE
Dean – College of Engineering
Charles and Eleanor Garrett Endowed Chair
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
- * In what field did you earn your Bachelor's degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * In what subject did you earn your Master's degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Leadership Philosophy
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2