Electrician Senior, Newcomb Zone
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-14
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure, and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
We have an opportunity for an Electrician Senior who supports Facilities Management's goal of providing consistent, cost-
effective, efficient, and reliable maintenance and service to the University facilities. The incumbent performs installation, repair, and maintenance trade work on electrical systems and equipment in buildings, including emergency backup systems, and alarms in support of zone maintenance. Electrician Seniors receive only limited supervision and provide worksite guidance to Electricians.
- Assume responsibility for laying out and running larger and more complex jobs involving more than one mechanic.
- Assist supervisor in coordinating daily assignments among different jobs.
- Perform preventative maintenance repairs and emergency maintenance on electrical equipment.
- Respond to emergency requests.
- Inform customers of job status, reasons for and duration of expected delays, as well as refer customers to the supervisor when appropriate.
- Foster a safe work environment by instructing and monitoring compliance of OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations, the National Electrical Code, and The Joint Commission.
- Specify, estimate, and install equipment, wiring, and systems in accordance with applicable standards and requirements
- Direct and provide guidance and mentorship to lower level electricians.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $23.08 - $26.92 Hourly
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of seven years of electrical experience.
Licensure: Journey or master level electrical license.
- Knowledge of advanced lighting systems to include manufacturers such as Lutron, NLite, etc.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office. Experience working within an automated work order management system.
- Experience training junior apprentice electricians.
For this position, the selected candidate will need to complete the necessary background checks.
Employee will be required to lift various weights, climb ladders and stairs in order to complete jobs. The use of both hands and a repetitive motion will be required while performing duties. Employee will also be required to crawl, work at heights up to 40 feet, and perform snow removal.
To apply, visit https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and search for '‘Electrician Senior, Newcomb Zone’'. Fully complete the online application, also attaching the following required documents:
- Contact information for three (3) professional references.
Application Process for those Currently Employed by UVA: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for ‘Electrician’ and complete the application, attaching a resume and contact information for three references.
Incomplete applications that are missing required documents will not be given full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Eirine Vlavianos, Recruiter at [email protected].The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.