Associate Director, Undergraduate Division
Job location: Huntsman Hall
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-14
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleAssociate Director, Undergraduate DivisionJob Profile TitleAssociate Director CJob Description SummaryReporting to the Director of Advising, the Associate Director is a professional administrator who assists in the delivery of the Wharton Undergraduate Division's core advising operations. This position works closely with other professional staff to advise undergraduate students on all aspects of academic planning and academic support. The Associate Director also collaborates with fellow professionals to establish and develop academic support programs and initiatives that serve undergraduate advisees.
- Advise and support Wharton Students regarding academic program planning and options. Support students in all aspects of academic careers and address emotional, social, financial, or other difficulties they may experience.
- Participate on committees and projects that support advising services and mission. Liaise with academic departments and concentration advisors to provide seamless advising and exchange of information.
- Advise Wharton students studying abroad, as well as incoming exchange students from business exchange partners.
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss divisional policies and procedures and to review current issues and cases. Serve on internal committees concerned with recruitment, admissions, orientation, petitions, career exploration, and graduation audits as requested.
- Attend academic conferences and represent the Wharton Undergraduate Division at events that advance the mission and objectives of the department.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
A bachelor's degree and 3 - 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Master's degree in higher education, student affairs administration, or related field is strongly preferred. Progressively responsible work in a university setting is preferred. Experience with academic advising and working with a diverse college population is preferred. Must have proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others including senior administrators, and must possess superior project management skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills are priorities, as is commitment to helping others, tolerance for ambiguity, and sense of humor.
Working Conditions: Office, library, computer room
Physical Effort: Typically sitting at a desk or table
* Cover Letter
* ResumeJob Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolWharton SchoolPay Range$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.