Business Analyst, Wharton Executive Education
Job location: SCC-Aresty Inst/Exec Ed
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-14
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleBusiness Analyst, Wharton Executive EducationJob Profile TitleData Analyst SeniorJob Description SummaryBusiness Analyst supporting Wharton Executive Education.
Reporting to the Vice Dean, this position is responsible for driving the collection and analysis of data from various platforms on an ongoing basis to report on key performance metrics, the competitive landscape, and industry trends to help Wharton Executive Education make better decisions using fact-based data driven methods. This may involve creation and maintenance of dashboards that monitor customer data, marketing activities and their output, as well as cost data to make WEE more effective and efficient. The Business Analyst will also work on key projects assigned by the Vice Dean that support long term planning and strategy. The position may also involve joining the Vice Dean in key meetings when he meets with other senior administrators within ExecEd as well as across the School. The Business Analyst is expected to work across the entire Wharton Executive Education organization as well as key parts of the Wharton School and Penn. The position requires the ability to communicate technical quantitative analyses to a potentially less technical and less quantitatively oriented audience. The position requires a deep knowledge of programming techniques such as text mining, NLP, data product development and visualization; and thorough knowledge of customer relationship management software, the skills of a statistician, and the aptitude of a quantitative modeler. The position also requires the passion to make others in the organization more data-driven and fact based and provide technical support if needed to achieve the same.
- The design, execution, and on-going evaluation of projects that use data emanating from various systems to guide budgeting, forecasting and strategic decision making at Wharton Executive Education to improve performance.
- Developing and implementing robust methods to measure effectiveness of marketing activities undertaken by Wharton Executive Education, including testing and design of experiments to evaluate alternative marketing strategies.
- Developing and implementing effective procedures for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on competition and industry dynamics.
- Designing and authoring high-level presentations that communicate Exec Ed’s business landscape to various audiences based on data collection and analysis for the Vice Dean.
- Supervising student workers and providing assistance when needed to others on statistical methods and programming methods.
Position may work early mornings/late evenings/weekends as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required and 5-7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated experience in analytics and statistical analysis. Experience with CRM tools/Salesforce is required, as are project management skills.
- A detail-oriented, analytical leader who thinks holistically and strategically about business growth strategies and financial landscape.
- Demonstrated experience understanding, analyzing, and reporting on business trends and the concerns of executives. Creatively offer approaches and solutions to educational and management problems based on trends.
- Proven ability to fully utilize business development, sales, and other CRM/Salesforce systems, and the ability to develop and drive metrics and dashboards.
- Proven ability to fully utilize pivot tables and to design graphs and charts to communicate business trends.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Action-oriented, results-driven approach to a professional team. ROI-driven problem solver. Results driven. Goal oriented. Thinks strategically and creatively across multiple platforms. A proven track record in achieving aggressive sales goals in the higher education market highly desirable.
This position may require one to work early mornings/late evenings/weekends as needed.
Working Conditions: Office, Library, Computer room; Alternative work schedules or on-call
Physical Effort: Typically sitting at a desk or tableJob Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolWharton SchoolPay Range$72,837.00 - $205,981.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.