Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
We have also been recognized by Forbes as one of the country's best midsize employers in 2019. Forbes ranked Einstein in the top overall nationally among midsize employers. Einstein ranked 3rd within the education category in New York State and 9th nationally among all midsize education employers.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The Study Coordinator manages research project activities ensuring the quality and integrity of data collection. May also assist Principal Investigator with the development of the study. Manages professional and support staff, reviewing work product to ensure study protocol is followed as written and approved by the institution’s IRB.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Principal Investigator to refine and finalize research protocols, draft study questionnaires and data collection tools;
- Oversee budget, including independent management of personnel and sub-contracts;
- Assist Investigators in writing, preparing and submitting grant applications;
- Train, coordinate and oversee project personnel;
- Develop and manage IRB approval process;
- Coordinate data safety monitoring and produce quarterly reports;
- Oversee adherence to research protocols in obtaining informed consent, blood drawing and testing, data collection and management and participant confidentiality;
- Provide regular data reports to investigator;
- Generate annual financial reports;
- Work closely with investigator to insure that project adheres to the protocol and that clean data is available for data analysis;
- Independently oversee all aspects of project implementation, including budgetary, personnel, and data management.
Experience and Educational Background
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years of related experience is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in one-on-one conversations and groups.
- Develops effective written communications and uses them appropriately.
- Interacts and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate.
- Develops effective relationships with peers, students and employees.
- Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion.
- Identifies, defines and analyzes information and situations before recommending a course of action.
- Effectively manages own time and resources.
- Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems