Full-Time Faculty, Psychology, Human Services, & Addictions - School of Serv & ...
Full-Time Faculty, Psychology, Human Services, & Addictions - School of Serv & Leadership
Indiana Wesleyan University’s School of Service and Leadership (SSL) invites applications for a full-time psychology faculty position with experience in addictions counseling. Responsibilities include full-time teaching in the new Online Bachelor of Science in Psychology of Human Relations program and other courses in the Behavioral Sciences Department.
Reports to the Director of the Department of Behavioral Sciences within the School of Service and Leadership, National and Global.
An earned doctoral degree in psychology or closely related field with specialized experience and/or credentialing in addiction studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This critical faculty position is a 12-month, full time appointment with teaching responsibilities that are predominantly online.
- Provide leadership that positively influences the quality and relevance of SSL’s curricular offerings, both current and those in development.
- Engage with colleagues in a range of initiatives to equip a cadre of instructors
- Increase the visibility of SSL programs and integrate new approaches for teaching and learning.
- Collaborate within synergistic teams across the university and broader academic communities.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- A professional dossier of recognized accomplishments in industry or practice coupled with an active scholarship agenda that includes research, publications, presentations and service.
- Substantial evidence of effective teaching at various levels including post-secondary education, professional training, or continuing professional studies.
- An appreciation for the interests of working adults who teach and learn in the digital age.
- An awareness of higher education academic and administrative processes with an eye toward professional licensing and credentialing processes.
- A vibrant Christian faith exemplified by regular church involvement, active Christian service, adherence to IWU’s Community Lifestyle Standards, and a heartfelt calling to endeavors that further the application of Biblical precepts to professional education.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer