Director, Brand Marketing
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-14
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Director of Brand Marketing is responsible for the oversight of all departmental facilities branding, licensing, online retail, internal partner relationships, and coordination of revenue-driving creative. This is a leadership position that will assist in setting the brand and sales creative strategies for the department. The ideal candidate must be extremely creative and detail-oriented.
- Lead all athletic venue branding projects, including the project management of internal and external creative design, coordination with fabricators and installers, and meeting with teams and departments concerning all projects.
- Ensure all branding content is updated in a timely fashion as needed.
- Oversee the development of revenue-driving pages for hurricanesports.com and serve as part of the team designing the overall layout and theme of the site.
- Coordinate with Hurricane Sports Properties and internal department sponsors on all co-branded initiatives and logo usage approvals.
- Work with University licensing agency (Fermata Partners) concerning all departmental licensing matters.
- Day-to-day contact for all internal department partners regarding the fulfillment of their agreements.
- Coordinate with the departmental online retailer (Fanatics) to grow the business of the department’s online retail store.
- Assist with the creation of all digital, print, email and any other forms of advertising.
- Work with Manager of Digital Strategy to continually track how various advertisements are performing and make creative changes as necessary to optimize their performance.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with departmental, university, conference and NCAA procedures, rules and regulations.
- Work evenings, weekends and travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a design capacity or managing a creative team
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Proactive and detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Master’s degree
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105