Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-13
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Program Coordinator provides general oversight of the day-to-day operations of the program. Assists the Program Director in the development, organization, production and evaluation of the program in order to achieve the program's mission, goals and objectives. Is familiar with university, college and program policies and procedures, ensuring program compliance.
• Exercises discretion while representing the program and Program Director as the liaison to program constituents both within the University of Miami (i.e. students, administrative offices, teaching faculty) as well externally (i.e. prospective students, corporations, community).
• Facilitates collaboration between schools and academic support units throughout the University in support of the program goals.
• Coordinates the collection, compilation and analysis of program activity data; drafts comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports and evaluations for the Director's review, and monitors program effectiveness, making suggestions for revisions as necessary.
• Coordinates the scheduling of program classes, designated classrooms, and the planning and organization of events for recruitment and programmatic activities.
• In consultation with the Director, drafts and initiates correspondence, develops agendas, maintains calendars, assists in accumulation of reference materials, and coordinates and attends committee meetings including preparing meeting materials, recording minutes, and assisting with follow-up activities.
• Assists the Program Director with the development and implementation of student recruitment initiatives including the annual proposal of a marketing and advertising strategy.
• Provides assistance and support for student participants in all administrative aspects of the program including the receipt and processing of applications for admissions, scheduling interviews, registering students, and maintaining applicant and participant databases.
• Maintains student files.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c103