Risk Management Analyst
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-13
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Office of Risk Management at the University of Miami has an exciting job opportunity for a Risk Management Analyst at the Coral Gables Campus.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
The Risk Management Analyst analyzes data from various databases and develops insurance schedules, claims, and financial reports. This role creates relevant reporting tools, such as dashboards and balanced scorecards. Leads projects and serves as a liaison to various internal units, teams, committees, and external vendors.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs a variety of data analytics to support the needs, goals, and objectives of the institution.
- Formulates term-specific, ad hoc, and trending reports.
- Analyzes information in reports to support the department’s planning needs, goals, and objectives.
- Collaborates with staff to develop and implement improved reporting tools.
- Designs, develops, and maintains a dashboard of key information and balanced scorecards.
- Develops procedures for input to the database by analyzing variables and optimizing algorithms to maximize utilization in assigned area.
- Participates in the organization and presentation of information systems to demonstrate best practices.
- Participates in risk management activities and ensures compliance with standards and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with clients, agencies, and coworkers to promote a quality service image.
- Performs financial and accounting duties for the Risk Management department including, billing and invoicing, journal entries, account reconciliations, Ad-Hoc Bank Transactions and other transactions.
- Manages various charge-out schedules for the University.
- Processes payments for all University of Miami Insurance premiums
- Processes payments and backend transactions for all UMMG Insurance premiums
- Manages consulting agreements for the Risk Management department.
- Department liaison for all financial inquiries.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
Minimum 1 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104