Admissions Service Representative, Miami Business School Graduate Business Programs
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-13
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Miami Business School (MBS) is a comprehensive business school, offering undergraduate business, full-time MBA, Executive MBA, MS, PhD and non-degree executive education programs. One of 12 colleges and schools at the University of Miami, the MBS is located in a major hub of international trade and commerce and acclaimed for the global orientation and diversity of its faculty, students and curriculum. The School delivers programs at its main campus in Coral Gables, Florida.
The Admissions Service Representative, under direction of the Associate Director of Operations, will assist in the student application process, including system management. This role will also assist in supporting all functions of the MBA Admissions Office, including data and document processing, prospect, applicant, and admitted student support and communications as well as assisting and supporting in admissions related recruiting events as needed.
- Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the entire student application process for graduate business students ensuring accuracy and timely completion. Manage relationships with prospective students including answering application questions, counseling on various visa options and processes, and trouble-shooting a myriad of complicated situations with regards to visas for students, significant others and other family members.
- Manage data and document processing for applicants to the Graduate Business Program, ensuring data flows and matches in relevant database systems.
- Manage initial admitted student correspondence, and student matriculation, for all admitted MBA students with 100% accuracy.
- Support the Associate Director in all operations functions, procedures, systems, priorities, and schedules to ensure meeting all application deadlines.
- Assist with verification of applicant information to ensure no fraudulent activities or misrepresentation.
- Review admitted students’ official transcripts for completeness and accuracy. Verify data in Salesforce and CaneLink.
- Provide telephone, e-mail, walk-in visitors, and class visit support as needed, including answering calls, responding and initiating e-mails to/from prospective students.
- Generate letters of Admission and Rejection, Fellowship letters, brochure enclosures, Statement of Financial Responsibility, and others as required.
- Provide assistance and support for admissions related recruiting events.
- Assist in direct mail projects and prepare shipping materials for recruiting efforts.
- Build, and keep in good standing, relationships with the University Graduate Admissions office, International Admissions office, and Central IT office, among others.
- Complete various other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good judgment and discretion in dealing with issues pertaining to confidentiality.
- Customer service oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and master new systems.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of SalesForce and PeopleSoft preferred.
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Reports to Associate Director, Admissions.
Minimum Qualifications (Essential Requirements):
- One (1) to two (2) years of relevant work experience required.
- A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102