Career Coach - Information and Engineering Technologies
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleCareer Coach - Information and Engineering TechnologiesDepartmentProvost Information and Engineering TechnologiesPosting Number03347PLocationMultiple LocationsFull or Part TimeFull TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredSalary Range$55,000 - $60,000 Position Summary Information Basic Function
The Information and Engineering Technologies (IET) Career Coach reports to the Dean of IET and is a twelve month full-time position. This position will focus on creating collaborative relationships and partnerships with businesses and industry to develop a series of career development strategies for students.
In addition to identifying the needs at NOVA the IET Career Coach will develop and implement pre-employment skills opportunities such as resume workshops, interview preparation, business site visits and a career and job fair. The position will assist prospective and current students with career and educational planning. The IET Career Coach will work with internal and external stakeholders to update and share information about programs of study and career opportunities within IET at the College.
This position is funded with non-continuous or non-recurring funding and is subject to continuation based on fiscal year funds and the needs of the college.Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver career exploration and career planning programs and activities to current and prospective students within the Information and Engineering Technologies division.
- Provide presentations to internal faculty and staff to inform of industry, career trends, and relevant career information and IET opportunities.
- Develop and Coordinate IET fairs, pre-employment activities and career education events.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and relationships through consistent and personalized communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Determine, plan and implement customized IET career related events and workshops including planning: room reservations, ordering, catering, securing speakers, reserving parking, etc.
- Remain current on career resources and trends.
- Assist in developing departmental and individual reports.
- Establish and implement short and long term goals for an IET career focused strategic plan.
Bachelor’s degree with course work in business administration, human services, counseling, social services or related field, or equivalent applicable experience or training. Some experience advising students , some experience planning and coordinating events and activities .Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree with course work in business administration, human services, counseling, social services or related field, or equivalent applicable experience or training .Previous experience advising students planning to major in an IT or Engineering Technology program at a college setting. Event planning and coordination experience.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Working knowledge and skill in making referrals to community agencies and providing follow-up.
Knowledge and skill in presenting workshops, coordinating activities or events.
Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
Computer operation and application skills to include Microsoft office suite, email and internet.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks within defined timelines.
Ability to understand student needs and work with a diverse student population.
Ability to work cooperatively with students, parents, faculty and staff.
Ability to design and implement programs and activities.
Knowledge of confidentiality standards in personal information management.
Ability to exercise independent judgement and decision making.
This position is funded with non-continuous or non-recurring funding and is subject to continuation based on fiscal year funds and the needs of the college.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree with course work in business administration, human services, counseling, social services or related field, or equivalent applicable experience or training?
- * Do you have experience in advising students?
- * Please describe your experience planning and coordinating events and activities ?
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts