Instructor- Building Operations Certification
Department:: Smart Building Tech
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Aug 14, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Roxbury Community College's Center for Smart Building Technology invites qualified BOC-approved instructors to provide classroom instruction in the Building Operator Certification (BOC) program. The Building Operator Certification (BOC) is energy efficiency training and certification for operators of commercial buildings, offering improved job skills and more comfortable, efficient facilities. BOC covers a broad range of subject areas including HVAC systems, lighting, electricity, codes, indoor air quality, and energy conservation techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute syllabi which inform students about course requirements, grading requirements, testing assignments, attendance policy, and other information for each course assigned.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and examinations in a timely manner to inform students about their progress.
- Encourage use of support services by students. Collaborate with support services staff to ensure that information is being shared and discussed.
- Follow procedures related to the Registrar's office, including grade reports and deadlines; attendance record reports; withdrawal deadlines; class changes; and time and room scheduling.
- Be a BOC-approved instructor.
- Teaching experience in higher education (community college experience is preferred).
- Experience with, and a desire to use, instructional technology.
- Three or more years experience providing instruction to working professionals in the field of commercial building energy management, facility management, building engineering, operations and maintenance, or a closely related field.
- Two or more years employment in the field or industry related to the training topic(s) for which the applicant is seeking qualification (e.g., HVAC systems, electrical systems, indoor air quality, etc.).
- A bachelor's degree. (Note: Work experience may be substituted for degree. One year of work experience in instruction or industry is equivalent to one year of college degree work.)
- Familiarity with state and local codes and standards.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
This is a Part Time position.
This position is open until filled.