ASSISTANT AREA SUPERVISOR - 1ST SHIFT
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy IDS2432Job TitleASSISTANT AREA SUPERVISOR - 1ST SHIFTDepartmentFacilities Services ResidentialSchool/Parent OrganizationFacilities Services Parent OrgDivisionFinance and Administration DivisionEmployment CategoryFulltime-RegularAnticipated start date07/22/2019If temporary, expected end dateHours per week40Weeks Per Year52.20Normal Start Time07:00Normal End Time15:30Position/Job Summary
Coordinate and participate in the care, cleaning and general housekeeping of College buildings, offices and residential areas; provide guidance and direction to an assigned group of Quality Assurance & Training Assistants and Facilities Attendants. This position is also considered to be essential during emergency situations and the incumbent is subject to being requested to report to work.Position/Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate and assist in the maintenance, safety, cleanliness and order of campus facilities to include coordinating the care cleaning and maintenance of assigned areas; performing cleaning duties in facilities around campus; assisting in the implementation and evaluation of methods and procedures designed to improve and maintain optimum sanitary conditions/total building care participation.
- Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion as a college priority, communicate to employees an expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment.
- Report any mechanical, structural or electrical condition in need of repair or replacement; secure and unlock all buildings/classrooms, as scheduled; clean-up bio-hazardous waste (bodily wastes) and dispose of properly, following local state, Federal, College and patient regulations.
- Oversee proper and efficient use, maintenance and transport of cleaning and maintenance machinery/equipment and supplies to include performing routing inspection and maintenance of equipment, transporting equipment to worksites, and appropriately operating equipment.
- Oversee Facilities Attendants and Leads and contribute to the effectiveness of the Facilities team to include training new employees and monitoring their work performance; coordinating work schedules and maintaining personnel records.
- Attend all applicable training seminars and participate in staff and departmental meetings.
- Assist, counsel and advise staff; assume the duties of supervisor, as required.
- Ensure efficient and appropriate set-up for events to include dismantling and storing chairs and equipment and preparing set-ups for special events.
High school diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of 3 years previous custodial or related experience; working knowledge of various word processing, spreadsheet and data base software applications, good interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated leadership ability and demonstrated supervisory ability; ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive; extensive knowledge of and experience using various cleaning agents, equipment and supplies; the ability to lift and carry 40 lbs., climb a 6-ft. ladder; and a valid Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one, are required.EEO Statement
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.Work authorization (select one):Visa sponsorship is not provided for this positionDepartment descriptionCollege Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduMarket Hiring Range$16.20 to $19.00FLSA StatusNon-ExemptIs this position eligible for benefits?YesQuick Linkhttp://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16080Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).