Aug 13, 2019
The primary responsibility will be to utilize the universal cell ablation model for the study of subset immune cells in the pathogenesis of human diseases, such as HIV-1 associated atherosclerosis and multiple sclerosis, as well as keep a lab journal, present research results to the research group and generate data to support the Research objectives of the lab. Recently funded projects include studies on the (1) Role of subset immune cells dysfunction in HIV/SIV infection and multiple sclerosis. The position requires experience and training in performing various molecular biological techniques but not limited to, real-time PCR, cloning, gel-electrophoresis, immunoprecipitation/western blotting, luciferase reporter assays, combined in situ hybridization/immunofluorescence, data analysis and interpretation. Experience with bioinformatics and/or lentivirus and adeno-associated (AAV) virus delivery systems is preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Ph.D./or M.D. in a biological or medical science.
2. Previous experience with molecular biological techniques but not limited to total DNA/RNA isolation and purification, plasmid extraction and purification, PCR including real-time PCR, cloning, gel-electrophoresis, immunoprecipitation/western blotting, luciferase reporter assays. Experience with multi-color flow cytometry staining/data analysis, immunoprecipitation/western blotting and image processing.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULL
1. Proficiency with common laboratory equipment and techniques.
2. Strong personal and communication (oral and written) skills.
3. Knowledge of various software programs (including presentation packages, spreadsheets and advanced word processing).
4. Organizations skills.
5. Familiarity with computers (both Mac & PC).
6. Direct experience with running and installing scientific equipment.
7. Previous experience with microscopy, histology, combined in situ hybridization/immunofluorescence.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Note: The following criteria will not be used in screening qualified applicants and may not be used in lieu of minimum qualifications stated above.)
1. A committed individual with a vision for their future.
2. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide the following materials for submission.
- Cover Letter
- Contact Reference