BBA RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
BBA RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
Job no: 100077-AS
Work type: Staff-Full Time
Department:WSB/BBA PROGRAM OFFICE
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
This position reports to the Director of Recruiting and Admissions of the Undergraduate BBA Program, as part of the broader structure of the BBA recruiting and admissions team. The Recruitment and Admissions Counselor will develop and execute, in consultation with the Director of Recruiting and Admissions, an effective strategy to recruit, review, admit, and yield direct admit, pre-business, certificate, and pre-college students.Position Duties:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, marketing, advertising, sales, communication, or a related field.Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
Position requires a minimum of one year of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: college admissions and recruitment, academic affairs, student services, academic program management, sales, marketing, advertising, communications, customer service. Experience in higher education preferred.
The ideal candidate must display professionalism, including integrity, honesty, and discretion and have the ability to work effectively and gain the respect of prospective applicants, students and their families, as well as other constituents like high school teachers and guidance staff, professional organizations, students and alumni, faculty and staff.
Well qualified candidates will possess:
- Experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with an information system / CRM system like Microsoft Dynamics.
- Proven success meeting deadlines and goals while managing multiple projects, taking thoughtful risks, accepting new and ongoing initiatives, and proposing solutions to gain desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with various stakeholders including clients/students/customers in person and virtually.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to a diverse working environment and to cultivating a diverse community.
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, comprehension, oral and written communication skills, and exceptional critical decision-making ability.
- Ability to provide outreach to a variety of audiences, including but not limited to junior and senior high school students, undergraduates and non-traditional prospective students interested in the Wisconsin School of Business.
- A keen interest in the identification and recruitment of a diverse and exceptionally talented student body.
- Ability to learn admissions processes and programs, have the ability to anticipate, embrace, and adapt to change.
- Exemplary work ethic, a strong sense of initiative, flexibility, discretion, sensitivity and excellent judgment
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the Wisconsin School of Business and the student body.
This position may require some travel and work on evenings and weekends
A128100-WISCONSIN SCH OF BUSINESS/BBA PROGRAM OFFICEWork Type:
Full Time: 100%Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $44,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Please complete the online application. You will be asked to provide a cover letter addressing your qualifications and experiences specifically relating to the responsibilities of this position and a comprehensive resume. All application materials will be reviewed by our search committee after the posted deadline. Applicants selected to participate further in the selection process will be notified directly. All applicants will be notified once a final selection has been made and the search has been completed.
SR STUDENT SERV COORD(T25BN) or STUDENT SERVICES CORD(T25DN) or ASSOC STU SERV COORD(T25FN)Employment Class:
Academic Staff-RenewableJob Number:
100077-ASThe University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://oed.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Applications Open: Aug 14 2019 Central Daylight Time
Applications Close:Aug 28 2019 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time