Assistant/Associate Professor in Equity, Bilingualism and Biliteracy (EBB)
We seek to hire faculty who are committed to addressing educational challenges in Colorado, the United States, and the world through thoughtfully selected and enacted methodological and theoretical perspectives. These colleagues will join our internationally recognized faculty whose deep commitment to equity and justice is reflected through our contributions to research, policy, and practice. Qualified applicants will have an active and innovative research agenda and corresponding publication record that reveals a thoughtful and compelling progression of scholarship. Our new hires will also demonstrate evidence of strong teaching and mentoring and will be expected to contribute to our teacher education, master’s, and doctoral programs; advise undergraduate students; mentor graduate students; and provide outreach and leadership to the local, school, campus, and larger communities.
Who We AreThe mission of the CU Boulder School of Education is grounded in a lived commitment to democracy, diversity, equity, and justice. We teach and conduct research to make a positive difference with and in schools and communities. The work of our faculty, researchers, staff, and students leads to evidence-based policy and practice. We aim for our graduates to be engaged and informed educators, researchers, policymakers, and community leaders.
We offer cutting-edge, engaging teacher preparation, innovative undergraduate programs, and Colorado's top-ranked graduate education in: Curriculum & Instruction, Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice, Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity, Learning Sciences & Human Development, and Research, Evaluation & Methodology.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeThe EBB program area includes a Ph.D. program with an emphasis on bilingual multicultural education as well as endorsement, double endorsement, and non-endorsement Master of Arts programs in Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Education/Special Education. We also teach courses for the undergraduate major in elementary education (with Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Education endorsement) and other programs in the School of Education and the University. Candidates must be willing to contribute to teaching and program development in the teacher education and EBB graduate programs, and they must be committed to educational equity and justice for culturally and linguistically diverse populations.Benefits
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Accomplished. Be Inclusive. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Earned a doctorate (or will earn one by August 2020).
- Use rigorous and theoretically grounded research approaches for understanding and improving the educational experiences of bilingual children and youth in U.S. public schools
- The candidate’s research should critically engage with issues of learning, diversity, and equity that underlie language practices and policies as they play out in broader social, cultural, historical, political, and economic contexts in the U.S
- We seek a scholar with expertise and teaching experience in PK-12 U.S. bilingual learner education, a focus on Latinx student populations, and a research focus in one or more of the following areas:
- language development and assessment of bilingual children and youth,
- teaching bilingual children and youth in elementary or secondary U.S. public schools, and
- the intersections among language, race, ethnicity, and culture as they relate to the teaching and learning of bilingual children and youth.
- Cover Letter
- One Published Writing Sample
Review of applications will begin October 15, 2019 (preference will be given to applicants who submit by this deadline) and will continue until each position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.