Counseling Clinician (part-time temporary)
Counseling Clinician (part-time temporary)Job no: 502335
Position type: Staff Part Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Applications Open: Aug 13 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Counseling Services is seeking a temporary Counseling Clinician to provide mental health services to a diverse student population. The temporary Counseling Clinician will also work collaboratively as a member of the Wellness Center team to support students at UMass Lowell.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master’s/Doctoral degree in counseling, psychology, clinical social work or a closely related field and 1-2 years post-advanced degree clinical experience, preferably in a college or university counseling center.
- Experience and knowledge of individual and group counseling and psychotherapy practices, knowledge of developmental psychological theory, understanding of student development and outreach, and cultural competence appropriate for a diverse student population.
- Demonstrated experience in working with developmental issues common to the 18-25 year old college student population.
- Ability to perform psychological assessment; provide crisis intervention services; provide effective consultation and clinical supervision; maintain appropriate records via an EHR and adhere to professional confidentiality standards.
- Current license to practice in state of Massachusetts required.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- 3-4 years of practice within a college or university setting or with college aged students in an alternative setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary, part-time (18 hours per week), non-benefited, non-unit position. Anticipated dates of appointment: September 3, 2019 through December 12, 2019
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.