Library Technical Assistant
Located on six GeorgiaState University campuses throughout metro Atlanta, the University Libraryprovides faculty and students with open, and inviting educational facilitiesand an active online experience. As an integral part of the Universitycommunity, the library welcomed more than 2 million visitors in the pastyear. As a valued partner in student success, the library supports bothteaching and research with extensive collections, innovative solutions, andoutstanding assistance. For additional information about the GeorgiaState University Library, visit library.gsu.edu.
The University Librarywill provide leadership to the University community in acquiring, facilitating,managing and curating scholarly information and will offer new and emergingtechnologies to support faculty and student research, teaching and learning.The University Library, User Services and Technology Support department isseeking to hire a full time Library Technical Assistant. The scope ofresponsibility will include these essential duties but is not limited to thefollowing:
- Provideexcellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, and the community
- Maintainworking knowledge of Alma fulfillment module
- Providetechnology services and support to enhance student learning and success
- Supportand promote library services
- Participatein day-to-day operations of the User Services & Technology Support unitwork associated with the provision of University Library services
- Responsiblefor closing the University Library, including perform routine building checksand head counts
- Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm - 2:00 am during academic year.
- Sunday-Thursday 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm for summer term with alternate schedules at intersessions.
- High school diploma or GED and three years of library, customer service, or office experience.
- Supervisory or lead worker experience may be required for some positions.
College/Business UnitOpen until filled
College/Business Unit: University Library
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 08/13/19, 3:39:43 PM