As a member of the Enrollment Management Team, the Recruiter/Admissions Counselor is responsible for the recruitment and admission of future students to the University through marketing the academic programs to students from high schools, technical schools, or career services programs and other colleges and universities through presentations, personal visits, telephone and e-mail communication. The counselor participates in recruitment activities both off and on campus including but not limited to: personal interviews and tours, Open House, Orientation Sessions, and may represent the University at various other campus and community functions as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities consist of:
- Coordinate recruitment programs and strategies
- Work with Director in developing measurable recruiting objectives including recruiting objectives for residential housing
- Work with scholarship donors and other members of the university in identifying recruitment markets and students
- Maintain recruiting database and follow up tracking system
- Provide weekly, monthly, and other reports as requested
- Supervise and assist in pre-advisement and orientation services as needed
- Provide professional, timely, and courteous assistance to internal and external publics of the university
- Maintain confidentiality of student information and records
- Assist in retention efforts of current students including residential students
- Create links with job training agencies, and other appropriate agencies
- Coordinate accurate web page brochure recruitment information
- Make appointments with prospective students and parents wanting to visit the campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- One (1) year work experience directly related to the responsibilities of the job
- Familiarity of FVSU admissions, academic and financial aid requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong public service orientation to work well with faculty, staff, and students
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Strong computer skills
- Budgetary skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Thorough knowledge of admissions, academic and financial aid requirements and processes
- Previous college admissions experience
- Familiarity with Banner computer software
- Clean driving record
- Travel to represent FVSU at various recruitment events which will include transportation in the form of car, van, bus or airline.
- September through May is the peak recruiting period; during this period, extensive overnight travel (approx. 60%) may range from one (1) to several days.
- May be required to work beyond regular work hours (evenings and weekends) as defined by the needs of the department.
- Perform repetitive tasks; sit and drive for extended periods of time and maintain the normal range of body motion.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and assemble/disassemble display materials.
- Drive University vehicles (car/van) while traveling on official University business.