Trinity Christian College seeks a full-time Bookstore Assistant. This position is in a retail environment. The Candidate must be a self-starter with a high attention to detail. Must be able to multi-task and see projects to completion. Must be comfortable in dealing with people. This is a year round position Monday - Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. -4:30 p.m. Occasional Saturdays may be required.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in ordering, receiving and shelving textbook shipments, clothing and other general merchandise
- Assist with the store's webpage and filling online orders of the textbooks and general merchandise
- Assist in the store's social media accounts
- Assist in sales, promotions and merchandise displays in the store
- Assist customers with any questions and be able to resolve any issues
- Reconcile End of Day reports in cash register
- Candidate must be willing to learn Booklog software and Timber software systems.
- Occasionally supervise student workers.
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) is preferred. The ideal candidate must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as rules or instructions, write correspondence and be able to speak effectively before customers or employees of the college. They should also be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages and be able to handle money comfortably. The position will require employee to stand for long periods while at the register, must be able to climb stair s as we are located on three levels, and be able to lift heavier items.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church.