Job Number: 84299
Stanford University is seeking an Executive Assistant 1 to provide complex and diversified administrative support with minimal supervision for the Chairperson of a newly formed Department in the School of Medicine. The Executive Assistant will anticipate the needs of the Chair and proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team of a new department.
- Plan and schedule complex calendar(s) with limited or no consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts. Negotiate and manage the needs of individuals or groups requesting time with the Chair, independently committing his/her time.
- Act on behalf of the Chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature. Use independent judgment to keep the Chair informed of all matters that require his/her attention.
- Serve as the liaison to various internal and external constituencies, including screening correspondence and telephone calls; keep the Chair informed of all matters requiring his/her attention.
- Independently prioritize, plan, coordinate and/or oversee logistics and conferences with individuals and entities internal and external to the university, including executive and senior level staff, donors and government officials.
- Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations and documentation; independently research and analyze associated issues and/or compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision making purposes.
- Manage complex business travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Prepare reports and analyses, identify adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Anticipate and track initial dates, events and associated action items; follow up with appropriate parties on behalf of supervisor to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work as a team player with the other administrative staff in the Department. Participate in projects and programs.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated high-level administrative experience which includes advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
May work occasional flexible work schedule including weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4160
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 84299
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency