Vice President for Business and Finance
The Vice President for Business & Finance (VPBF) serves as the Chief Financial Officer of the University College of the Cayman Islands and works to create a culture of responsible stewardship of institutional resources. VPBF is responsible for leading key business functions for the university, including finance, accounting, property, facilities, human resources, and information technology in support of the achievement of UCCI’s mission and strategy. The VPBF job description requires the employee to be accountable for: accurate financial results, budgets and other financial matters; remuneration, benefits and terms of employment; risk management, financial controls and control environment; health and safety; and related administrative operations. This includes the development of operational and financial strategies for the company, as well as coordinating said strategies.
The VPBF works closely with leadership throughout the University to develop strategies to strengthen its business, financial and administrative plans, and policies to achieve its strategic goals. The VPBF advises the President and Board of Governors on financial and business matters relating to the University and the campus. The VPBF will collaborate with other leaders of the University to build upon and support an innovative vision for UCCI’s future during a time of great momentum with exciting initiatives on the horizon. The VPBF directs all financial operations including budgeting, accounting, procurement, cash, student financial aid, risk and asset management. The VPBF develops financial planning processes to ensure that financial plans are aligned with University goals, which includes preparing financial models and annual and long term operating and capital budgets that provide for the realization of the University’s growth. The VPBF also has responsibility for all reporting and compliance related to fiscal activity, for investment, pension obligations and debt management, and for promoting the development and growth of the University in sound budget management and oversight.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Experience as a member of an organization’s senior leadership team;
· Demonstrated leadership in developing relationships with the business community;
· Demonstrated technical competence in financial functional areas including financial reporting, internal controls development and
implementation, policy development, financial planning and budgeting, financial systems implementation and management, and bursary
and debt management;
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work proactively in the creation and management of financial and administrative solutions
resulting in organizational growth and success;
· Experience working effectively with University governance;
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers and subordinates and effectively with other internal and external constituents;
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
· Proven commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence; Ability to establish credibility and trust with broad and diverse constituencies
· Impeccable commitment to operating with high standards of ethics and integrity, professionally and personally;
· Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to engage others to address complex issues collaboratively;
· Strong leadership skills to establish vision and inspire and motivate others to achieve extraordinary results;
· Ability to balance competing demands and multiple responsibilities, making progress on long-term projects and addressing urgent needs.
Minimum Position Requirements
· A minimum of a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field;
· Certified Public Accountant (or equivalent)
· At least ten years of progressive responsible financial leadership experience, or relevant experience in a related department or discipline.
· Experience in tertiary education is highly desirable.
· It is preferred that the VPBF have experience in a four-year tertiary institution which has a record of having met quality standards by an externally respected accrediting bodies from either the US or UK. This is vital as it ensures accreditation standards for the overall university.
Benefits: Medical and pension plan, annual leave as per contract.
Salary Range: CI$90,000 - 115,000 (US$109,756 - 140,243) per annum, commensurate with qualification and experience.
Applications must include: (1) cover letter with description of experience relevant to the position and (2) curriculum vitae.
Interested persons should submit their applications on or before August 30, 2019 to: [email protected]
Apply for Vice President for Business and Finance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly