Career & Community Studies - Program Office Assistant
The College of New Jersey and their Career & Community Studies Program, within the School of Education, is seeking to hire a Program Office Assistant. This position supports the CCS Assistant Director, staff and students within the program. This is a 12-month position.
- The position is responsible for maintaining the database of student files, program activities and creating documents/correspondence as needed including updating of program website.
- Maintains documentation for funding sources (DDD, School District attendance reporting)
- The position manages community outreach to include general public inquiries, student and parent communications from the department.
- The position maintains master copies of all forms, protocols and procedures for the program.
- Collection of information concerning mentors and their assignments.
- The position supports recruitment/application process and staff trainings/accreditation as required.
- General office management is a significant portion of the daily workday.
- Mass emails to students/families, student evaluation creation/dissemination, student/mentor schedule creation/dissemination, scheduling of interviews and other program events, management of office supplies as needed by all staff members/students.
- Management of program events within internal resources, book-it, catering, media center, classroom needs and parking passes for events.
- Involvement in open house, freshman orientation, senior transition, summer orientation, PATH, staff/student/mentor trainings, special events and graduation.
- Valid driver's license is required
- Evening and weekend hours required approximately 4 times a year
- Associate Degree required
- Office Management background required
- High skill level of organization
- Excellent Customer Service skills
Applicants should forward their cover letter, resume and three professional references to: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=TCNJ&cws=41&rid=1258. A final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
The College of New Jersey is an Affirmative-Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. To enrich education through diversity, the college is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The college has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff and strongly encourages women and members of under-represented groups to apply.