Advising Support Representative
Job location: Minneapolis, MN
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-12
Job Profile Summary
In your role you will work with Capella learners/students making outbound calls and receiving inbound calls to and from learners/students, assisting them with course registration; providing important reminders or information; and answering common questions around Capella University policies and procedures. This role will also be responsible for connecting Learners/students to Academic Advising or other appropriate departments to help answer questions and solve issues.
excellent customer service consistent with the Capella
**This is an onsite position, hours 9-6pm, some late days and weekends required**
- Advising Support Representatives are responsible for accessing, managing, and updating information in CRM and other systems. Additional tasks may include updating learner/student academic information, Academic Plans, or Academic Plan Deviations. In this role you will be responsible for providing our learners/students with excellent customer service consistent with the Capella brand.
- As business needs dictate, you may be trained on similar types of functions such as Enrollment Services Outbound Outreach to support teams and drive persistence efforts within the Learner Engagement Center
- Solid computer / MS Office / email skill necessary
- Experience with customer-tracking software applications and data entry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills are required
- High level of enthusiasm, drive, and determination is required in this role
- Excellent communication, investigation, and listening skills
- Being a voice of Capella and fostering excitement and passion for Capella and education are critical to success in this role
- Minimum of one year of phone based customer service professional experience required
- Associates degree from an accredited institution or commensurate experience required; bachelors degree from an accredited institution preferred
Certificates, licenses and registrations
- Must be able to travel 0 - 10% of time.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]