Instructional Design Specialist
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in standards, computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Instructional Design Specialist
Piscataway, New Jersey
Apply now at:
Top of Form
The successful applicant will support the IEEE Standards Association’s educational services initiatives by developing, implementing and delivering educational material to internal and external audiences. Responsibilities will include supporting eLearning projects aimed at engagement and professional learning. This role is a strategic part of the IEEE-SA education team and will contribute to the rapid determination of organizational needs and then design, develop and deliver the most effective solutions.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- As project lead, helps determine educational needs of stakeholders and translates strategies into operational plans
- Designs learning plans, eLearnings, documentation and other deliverables, as needed
- Drives and delivers projects, including a slate of eLearning modules, ensuring timeliness and high quality
- Effectively monitors work of vendors and contractors as directed by Manager
- Creates momentum and drives projects to completion
- Creates narratives, storyboards, scripts, etc., that cogently present information
- Offers support to other education-related projects as needed by Manager
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years leading and developing educational and/or training/eLearning solutions
- Background in instructional design and adult learning theories (preferably ADDIE), education, and/or training
- Proven ability to organize and dynamically lead teams
- Ability to create momentum and drive a project through to completion
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must model accountability and professionalism in all areas of responsibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, eLearning authoring tools (e.g., Adobe eLearning suite), and pre/post video production
- Some travel may be required, both domestic and international; must have valid travel credentials e.g. passport
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=180164&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.