Technology Support Specialist (Windows-Library)
Position: Technology Support Specialist (Windows-Library) Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 410 # of Openings: 1 ACADEMIC & INSTITUTIONAL TECHNOLOGYTECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Windows - Library) ResponsibilitiesUnder direction from the Manager of Workspace Services (WSS), this position provides second-tier support for college-owned hardware, software, and user account management. In addition, this position provides specialized support for the Library group and assists with Classroom and Lab support services.
- Assist in the ordering, imaging, and setup of technology equipment in accordance with College technical standards.
- Assists in the management of user accounts, including their creation, permission assignments, and deletion when applicable.
- Acts as an escalation point from the AIT Service Desk to assist faculty and staff members with issues related to the use of college-supported PC hardware (iOS, MacOS, Windows, etc.), software, connectivity, account and permissions issues.
- Provide quick response support for Classroom and Lab support related issues, before, during, or after class sessions. This may involve on-call evening and weekend hours.
- Review and update the ITSM ticket queue to ensure prompt service within SLAs. This includes follow-up contact and thorough incident documentation. Assist the WSS manager with Problem management and root cause analysis for recurring issues.
- Assist the WSS Manager in the design and development of improved computer support methods and mechanisms.
- Maintain currency of skills and knowledge related to supported systems.
- Document common processes and troubleshooting steps in the knowledge base.
- Assist in the protection of institutional assets by following security procedures and training end-users in security best practices.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory records.
- Library-specific Duties:
- Serve as technology liaison between the Library and AIT.
- Manage computing labs in the Library, Learning Language Center, and Residence Halls, and mobile laptop carts. Includes imaging, application deployment, policy enforcement, and software maintenance, and documentation.
- Provide technical expertise and work closely to the Library Teaching & Outreach Group to prototype, test, and implement technological solutions that enhance library services and student computing.
- Excellent customer service skills: Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with constituents at all levels of the college possessing varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Excellent problem-solving skills: Able to think critically, gather information, perform research, identify root problems, and develop a sound action plan.
- Excellent team skills: Able to work independently while contributing to team objectives.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage assigned project tasks to bring them to closure in a timely manner and working independently.
- Three years’ proven experience configuring and troubleshooting PC hardware and software in a networked environment.
- Proven experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite, Windows OS, MacOS, Group Policy, Batch/Powershell Scripting, Microsoft SCCM highly preferred.
- Recommended Certifications: ITIL V3/4 Certification, CompTIA A+; HDI Customer Service Representative; MCSA (Windows 10).