Chief Administrative Officer, School of Law
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-22
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Reporting to the Dean, this position manages administrative and operational offices and aligns their activities with campus priorities and best practice. Works to provide operational direction and oversight, identifies challenges, and mitigates risk. Ensures that the campus is working off an intentional financial plan, conducts organizational needs assessments and makes adjustments towards organized and cost efficient operations. Creates Human Resource procedures, builds in best practices to adhere to federal, local, and University rules and regulations, and sets benchmarks for measuring employment.
With the understanding of the Dean’s strategic vision, is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to support major initiatives and projects. Utilizes technology to rebuild and capture ideas and develops positioning strategies through the use of communication and visibility. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships and provides guidance in support of strategic operating goals.Job Description
This position will interact with all Law Campus Departments, Human Resources, Office of the Provost, Office of Affirmative Action, Faculty and Staff Assistance Program, Office of General Counsel, and individuals amongst other campuses.
The incumbent occupies a position of particular sensitivity. Decisions and actions will ultimately affect both administrative operations and the reputation of the Law School. Incumbent is responsible for taking independent action in a wide variety of professionally charged situations. Extreme tact and the ability to conduct adept analyses of individual situations are required. The CAO’s responsibility for areas within human resources administration and operations is vital to the positive employee relations and well run operations within the Law Campus.** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Additional Job Description
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, human resource management, organizational development, or related field.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in higher education or other nonprofit organization.
- Proven success in a leadership role.
- Able to lead, influence, and motivate while exercising discretion and independent judgment in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to mold teams and develop consensus among different individuals, programs, and departments.
- The ability to interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Organizational skills with a strong orientation to technical and informational systems.