Clinical Dir-Wellness Center
Kennedy King College is seeking a caring dynamic individual to head our Wellness Center. The ideal candidate will havethe opportunity to provide direct services to student needing social-emotionalsupport, develop and execute strategic vision and goals for Wellness center andto work with colleague throughout CCC system to create services/resources forbroader impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and guidance to staff in the provision of an arrayof mental health, psycho-social and wellness services and initiatives thatenhance students’ capacities to be active, engaged and successful learners.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Center, supervising astaff of Clinical Counselors and support staff, and creating a professional andwelcoming atmosphere for individuals accessing the center for services,assistance, and information.
- Creates and implements health and wellness initiatives and leadsoutreach efforts to educate students on the availability and the range ofmental health and psycho-social support services offered by the WellnessCenter.
- Provides and supervises Clinical Counselors providing counseling andcase management services including crisis intervention, individual counseling,group, stress and time management coaching, connection to public benefits andcommunity resources, and confidential sexual harassment/assault support.
- Develops, conducts, and facilitates workshops and presentations toaddress topics of health and wellness, violence prevention, and other identifiedneeds and issues important to academic and personal success.
- Facilitates professional development opportunities for staff to remainabreast of best practices in mental health and case management services; trainsstaff on Supportive Intervention Team (SIT) behavioral threat assessmentprocedures.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of staff. Establishesperformance standards and conducts performance evaluations. Administerspersonnel procedures including progressive discipline as required.
- Oversees the center’s graduate level internship and practicum trainingprogram, providing clinical supervision to graduate students receiving trainingexperience in managing a caseload and providing counseling and case managementservices.
- Serves as a consultant to college staff and faculty for studentdevelopment issues, behavioral threat assessment, classroom behavioralmanagement, and the overall behavioral health of the college community.
- Serves on committee to develop policies to ensure compliance with TitleIX and other related legislation, working to ensure campus community isinformed about violence prevention and how to respond to violence, sexualharassment or assault.
- Oversees the maintenance of case records and data and creates reportson services provided utilizing the Titanium medical records system.
- Ensures the maintenance of a secure, accessible system of confidentialmedical records in compliance with applicable standards of practice and stateand federal laws.
- Doctorate degree (Ph.D., Psy.D.) in Psychology from an accredited college or university, OR a Master’s degree in Social Work (M.S.W.); OR a Master’s degree (M.A., M.S., M.Ed.) in Counseling Psychology or a related field.
- Doctorate degree in Psychology strongly preferred
- Must be currently licensed by the State of Illinois as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), a Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or a Clinical Psychologist
- Three years of program administration experience in a student counseling center within an urban commuter college or university environment is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of counseling services and the supervision of counseling staff
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
Primary Location: Kennedy King College
Job Posting: Aug 12, 2019, 4:02:40 PM