Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the Assistant to the President, the Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer provides administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Office of the President, often operating under time sensitive and highly confidential circumstances. The Assistant to the CFO will interact with many different areas on and off campus to provide information, redirect inquiries, gather information and data, and coordinate activities. This person is many times the first point of contact for students, parents, alumni, and other internal and external constituents and therefore requires excellent verbal and written skills. This person will utilize computer skills and associated software for monitoring and maintaining a variety of duties with responsibilities. Works with the CFO and the Assistant to the president, reports directly to the Assistant to the President.
- Work closely with the CFO, Assistant to the President and President to support day-to-day office operations, including acting independently.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing the CFO’s calendar including prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands, proactively scheduling important meetings with internal and external individuals.
- Works closely with the CFO on special projects and supports and coordinates Audit, Finance & Budget and Investment Committee meeting arrangements.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the CFO and Office of the President: answer phones, schedule meetings, receive, sort and distribute mail, maintain employee time off records, copy, print, scan, fax documents, maintain office supplies and files.
- Prepare correspondence and confidential documents for the CFO or President’s signature.
- Assist in travel arrangements for the CFO and President as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Development and Alumni Relations on donor relations’ correspondence.
- Provide appropriate assistance during Board of Trustee meetings, Reunion, Commencement and other campus events.
- Support the Assistant to the President with event planning and execution as needed.
- Serve on various committees as liaison for Office of the President as asked, such as the Commencement and Reunion Planning Committees.
- Assist with creating PPT Presentations for the CFO or President as appropriate.
- Responsible for Office inventory lists.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CFO or President.
- Required to work occasional evenings & weekends as needed.
- Commitment to confidentiality, tact and discretion.
- Performance of the above duties require you to be at work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the CFO & Assistant to the President.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy and composure under pressure.
- Proficient in office equipment functionalities and document management
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to exercise personal judgment, and willingness to exercise initiative are required.
- Requires independent judgment and customer service focus across broad and diverse subjects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive work ethic.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team-oriented atmosphere.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive matters.
Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, or 6 years related/applicable experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related/applicable experience.
Five+ years’ experience in the field or in a related area in an office setting that demands independent judgment and handling of confidential records.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five+ years’ experience in the field or in a related area in an office setting that demands independent judgment and handling of confidential records.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Posting Detail Information Close DateOpen Date08/09/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions for this Posting Reference Request Details Maximum Number of Reference Requests4Minimum Number of Reference Requests2Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3