Research Technician I (In Vivo)
Florida International University
Research Technician I (In Vivo)
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Research Technician I to join our team of professionals.
- Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) or Postdoctoral Associate, conducts minor mouse surgical procedures and analysis of mouse tissues.
- Assist with mouse breeding and husbandry and assist with planning/performance of mouse models of inflammation and cancer metastasis.
- Conducts basic and/or complex procedures with the use of basic biochemical methods: Tissue culture, in vitro cell adhesion/migration assays, flow cytometry, real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR), Western blotting, SDS-PAGE, Immunoprecipitation, and protein electrophoresis.
- Assist in the inventory and ordering of general laboratory supplies.
- Assist in regulatory Institutional Review Board (IRB)/ Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)/safety compliance of the laboratory and its members related to institutional guidelines.
- Records and evaluates data and presents results of research findings.
- Assist with laboratory training of new students, postdoctoral fellows, and collaborating scientists in cell culture and biochemical methods.
- Provides assistance with the supervision of part - time lab assistants.
- Works with minors and/or vulnerable persons who are research participants and/or volunteering in the laboratories.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree required.
Previous animal research experience.
Previous experience conducting laboratory research experiments.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 518341. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.