Computer Support Specialist II
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleComputer Support Specialist IIRequisition NumberRE19659Working TitleDepartment Name81350:Agricultural CommunicationsWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level43Salary Range$18.16-29.07/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
Ocassionally lifting or moving of less than 50 lbs.Shift
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (40 hours/week).Job Summary
The Computer Support Specialist II provides IT support for the staff in Ag Communication and coordinates and tracks all equipment used by the unit. In addition, the position is responsible for back up support of the College of Agriculture’s smart classrooms, computer lab and video conference room and assists with the college IT help desk. This position is integral to ACS meeting the goals of producing and assisting faculty and staff in the College to develop and deliver educational products.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Windows and Mac Operating Systems, Microsoft and Adobe products, security awareness and policy, networking, inventory management, organizational skills, effective communicationDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Certificate is desirable in Microsoft office suite, Windows OS and desktop supportDeadline to Apply08/27/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What happens if you add two RAM sticks to your PC, and one has a bad SPD?
- When your system boots, it will recognize both RAM sticks but will not register any special features (such as ECC) of the stick with the bad SPD
- When your system boots, it will only register the presence of the RAM stick with the good SPD
- When your system boots, it won't register the presence of the RAM stick with the bad SPD until you configure the RAM settings by using the Setup utility
- When you try to boot the system, you will get a POST error message and the system will not boot
- * A user wants to detect and clean a virus infected file as it is opened. Which of the following procedures would best achieve this?
- Schedule a local virus scan
- Utilize a real-time virus scan
- Perform a scheduled network virus scan
- Perform a complete virus scan of all hard disks
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter