Cytotherapy Lab Specialist (Relocate to Charlottesville, VA)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA - Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-04
Relocation assistance available per UVA Medical Center policy.
Responsible for performing technical processing procedures and associated quality functions related to autologous and allogeneic HPC and therapeutic cellular therapy products within the Cytotherapy Laboratory. Responsible for laboratory operations with strict adherence to applicable regulations and standards.
- Processing and cellular therapy products according to standard operating procedures and assists the clinical staff during the transplant.
- Becomes familiar with and maintains knowledge about protocols for Stem Cell Transplants.
- Ensure reagents are properly handled & processed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality safety and compliance programs.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Associate’s Degree in related science or Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, biology, chemistry or related science
- Bachelor’s in Med Tech or Clin Lab Science w/ national certification – 2 years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Bachelor’s in Biology or related – 2 years of autologous and allogeneic stem cell processing for human transplant or 3 years of cord blood banking experience.
- Associate’s in related science with MLT certification and 4 years of autologous and allogeneic stem cell processing for human transplant experience
Job requires sitting, standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking; Repetitive motion: (microscopic screening). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.